UK’s largest independent car club comes to Wandsworth
Cleaner, greener and cheaper pay-as-you-go cars!
This month, Co-wheels Car Club, a social enterprise and the UK’s largest independent operator of its kind, has landed in Wandsworth.
Co-wheels members will now have access to the car sharing scheme and 10 low emission vehicles across London Borough of Wandsworth, with additional bays in new locations planned for 2016.
New members can join for free for a limited time (usually £25), and no annual membership fees. To claim your code for free membership, go to: co-wheels.org.uk/wandsworth.
The new cars will predominantly be low emission Toyota Aygos, with Yaris hybrids also available from dedicated parking bays in Wandsworth:
· 2 cars in Wandsworth
· 2 cars in Tooting
· 5 cars in Putney
An additional bay will be coming shortly in 2015.
Co-wheels operate as a social enterprise and has a commitment to improving the environment with a fleet that is 40% per cent less polluting than the average public-owned car.
Wandsworth is the car club capital of south London but Co-wheels will bring something new and different from the existing operators in the borough. As a Community Interest Company, Co-wheels ploughs all of its profits back into expanding and improving the service, whilst keeping rates as low as possible for members
Co-wheels is the largest Car Club operator in the UK with operations in more than 50 locations, from small villages to large cities. With cars available in popular escapes like the Lake District, Shropshire, Norfolk, and Scotland, Wandsworth members can get on a train and have access to cars across the country.
Richard Falconer, Director at Co-wheels said:
“Our primary focus is to help our members to save money, reduce car ownership and create a cleaner environment by making lower impact transport options available to everyone.
“We are delighted to offer the residents of Wandsworth fairer, lower prices than profit-orientated operators, whilst offering the same fantastic benefits, including a 24-hour emergency helpline and insurance and fuel included. There is also no additional fee for younger drivers, and no minimum age – anyone under 25 can join if they have held a clean licence for over a year.”
Wandsworth Council’s transport spokesman Cllr Jonathan Cook said:
“We are delighted to welcome Co-wheels to the borough and I hope many of our residents will take advantage of their low emission, pay-as-you-go cars. Wandsworth Council has been supporting the growth of car clubs since 2007 and we now have one of the highest take up rates in London. That means fewer cars on our streets, less congestion and less pollution.”
Advantages of joining a car club include:
· Saving money; no extra insurance to pay, no petrol costs, no road tax, no breakdown cover or out-of-the-blue repair bills and no need for a resident’s parking permit. And you never need to fork out for a new car
· Allowing you to give up your own vehicle, whilst still having access to a car when you need it. It also helps two car households drop down to one, resulting in fewer cars clogging up the streets
· On average, one car club vehicle results in a reduction of 20 privately owned cars in the local area
· It is estimated that per year, car club member households generate less than half of the emissions of carbon dioxide than equivalent London householders with at least one full car license holder
· Electric and hybrid vehicles help tackle air quality issues. Studies show car club vehicles are 37%less polluting than average public-owned car
· Shared transport solution helps reduce congestion and parking issues in city centres
· Car club members are more likely to use public transport and active travel modes more as part of their personal transportation requirements
For more information, to find your nearest Co-wheels vehicle and register for membership, visit: www.co-wheels.org.uk/wandsworth.
For more information, case studies, photos, or to request an interview, please contact Daisy Pratt at email@example.com or call mobile: 07715 499813.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you get your business found.